Monday 30 July 2012

New babblings!

Welcome to the first post of my new blog!
Some of you will have been reading my previous one , which unfortunately ran into a few technical hitches (I couldn't get my bank card to link up to it anymore - who knows why!?) and maybe from the Facebook page, where I'm sure I have bored you with my many chatterings about nonsense! Anyway, now we're here and here is our (actual) front door as photographed today (I love it right now, with the passion vine, which I trained all the way from our back garden):
I think that is some kind of good feng shui to have a welcoming, tumbling flower at the door.

Recently, I have been busily painting away at a few of these children's illustration-style paintlings:
'Betty Chases Butterflies' Watercolour. Approx 5"x7". (Named by you - thanks for the help, anyone who joined in the naming day vote, and sorry to all you who voted for Susan as her name - Betty won by only one vote!)
'Edmund's Imagination - The Farm, 1942' Watercolour. Approx 5"x7"

'Little Mermaid' Watercolour. Approx 5"x7"

Now, we have another naming day! The little lady below still doesn't have a name, so it's time for you to vote for the one you think suits her best from these mid-century names. Dorothy; Eileen; Sylvia; Elsie; Ida; Minnie; Pearl; Margaret; Frances.  


I look forward to hearing what you come up with!


These and a few other little characters will be on sale in the shop on Wednesday.

In other news, my Japanese anenome has opened up!



I love it!

Toodlepip now - i'm off for a well-deserved bath after number-crunching all day!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment