Thursday 2 August 2012

Put A PomPom On It!

(Thank you Martha for inspiring the title!)

Last night, I begun a little project I've had in mind for a few months.

 The plan goes like this:

a) See a gorgeous skirt.
b) Realise you really can't afford it.
c) Customise your own, using the closest materials available.


So, I found a really cool skirt online

 (this one, from the cutest ladies clothing Etsy shop POPMANGO). Now, don't get me wrong - I LOVED it how it was and I don't want to take anything away from the original designer, but it just didn't quite seem like me. Quite. It was too grown-up and, at least in my mind, I'm not a grown-up yet and will probably never be. So anyway, to fun it up, I'm adding pom poms.



This is a pretty close second to the skirt which inspired me (from my favourite shoe peeps Irregular Choice). Unfortunately, I can't find the original anywhere now - it was gorgeous felty grey, with MULTICOLOURED pom poms. Ahh! ...and where do you find those pom poms? I've only sourced one-colour strips of the stuff. Do I really have to cut up the fringing and stick them together myself? Maybe one day ;)

I'll post more when it's finished!

Toodlepip!

No comments:

Post a Comment