Friday 3 August 2012

Questions In A World Of Blue.

This morning, I watched an episode of The History Of Art In Three Colours and remembered a project I begun about this time last year, and never somehow gathered the momentum to see it through...until now.

I'm sure anyone would fall for this colour. I've been working on this piece, then hanging it on the wall, taking it down again and working on it, then hanging it again. There's something almost otherworldy about it, which causes you, every time you walk in the room, to be sucked right into it, like a blue void, like you need to fly up into it.

Maybe I've been listening to too much poetry recently.

That smooth blue is so elusive. Getting the hue of the edges to match that of the main canvas is not as easy as it looks.




At this rate, it may even be finished by the end of today!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment